Central Hokkaido not only has the most coveted ski areas for finding the elusive champagne powder snow, it is also the area to escape from the crowds of Niseko and Rusutsu, and have an authentic experience chasing pow.
Conveniently based in Asahikawa or Furano, each day you will visit a different ski resort based on the best conditions of the day, including the unique ropeway-accessed resort of Kurodake in the Daisetsuzan National Park if the conditions are favorable.
This trip caters to beginner to advanced skiers who wish to experience Hokkaido in a different way, with quality on-piste and lift-accessed off-piste terrain.
Hokkaido Powder Belt is located in the center of the island of Hokkaido, and includes the ski areas of Furano, Tomamu, Kamui Ski Links, Tokachi Sahoro Resort, and Kurodake, accessible by ropeway and located at Daisetsuzan, the highest peak in Hokkaido.
Being an inland area, low humidity and temperatures below 20-30 degrees in February make this area one of the coldest regions of Hokkaido and where to find the dryest and most consistent powder snow. During March, is the place to find the more consistent snowpack of Hokkaido and extend the ski season compared to other areas.
6-Nights / 5-Ski Days
- 6-night double twin accommodation at a Hotel in Asahikawa or Furano with breakfast
- All ski resort transfers including Asahikawa/Chitose Airport arrival and departure transfer.
- 5 days of lift passes
- English/Spanish/French/Japanese speaking mountain guide for resort and side-country (5 days)
- Discount on premium equipment rental
- Daily bulletin board including weather forecast, avalanche reports, recommendations of best ski areas, restaurants, activities, etc.
- Courier baggage delivery from the Hotel to the Narita/Haneda airport or Tokyo.
- Backcountry ski tours (non-lifted access)
- Additional activities
- Avalanche safety training (This will give you the confidence to use your equipment with the aim of giving you more skills and knowledge to take away with you at the end of the trip.)
- CAT skiing
- Snowmobile tour
- Ice climbing
- Lake ice skating
- Asahiyama Zoo visit
- Sounkyo Icefall Festival
- Smelt fishing
- Ice sculpture festival (First weeks of February only)
- Horse riding
Upon landing at Chitose or Asahikawa airport, our team will pick you up to be transferred to your hotel. You will be able to check your gear and meet your guide, who will fill you in on the snow conditions and weather forecast for the week ahead. Option of day or night skiing at any of the nearby resorts (lift not included).
Your guide will decide the best resort to visit each day, and you will receive information about the weather, avalanche forecasts, and activities in the area. You will have the opportunity to end each day in a different outdoor hot spring, eat in traditional or modern restaurants, and enjoy any of the activities the area has to offer.
Transfer to Asahikawa/Chitose Airport.
- Price for 1 person staying at one twin bedroom.
- Groups of 4 get discounted rates.
- Fully customizable subject to availability: choose your own dates, extend or shorten the trip, book your own accommodation, reduce the number of guided days or select half-day guiding, add cat ski, …
|2023-24 TRIP SCHEDULE
|March 24th, 2024 to March 30th, 2024 (Eastern Holidays)